Monday, July 5, 2010

the Fourth in Omaha, Day 1!

We had a great trip to Omaha to celebrate the Fourth with John's sister and her family from Colorado. We started out at the Henry Doorly Zoo. It was a great zoo and Hudson was excited to see all of his friends from the Disney movies Madagascar and Lion King and would refer to the appropriate character name for each animal. I don't know how he remember names from movies he has only seen a few times.






John was very excited to try a fried taco at California Taco's straight from Food Network show "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dive's". I believe this place fell into the "Dive's" category and I have to admit being a little nervous taking two little ones in the place, but the taco was well worth it.


Jack thought sleeping through the hot day was a better option.

After the zoo, we headed to dinner at Spaghetti Works in Old Market.

Hudson I believe doing a Buzz Lightyear impersonation.


A "gentle" squeeze. It won't be too much longer before Jack can tackle him back.





The boys waking up Daddy at 7am despite going to bed late. How come going to bed later, doesn't make kids sleep in later?





No comments: